Night # 2




Wow, well here comes some of the funny stuff people. So tonight, I asked the husband if he wanted some "breakfast" before he went to work for the night, he said sure and I asked him about pancakes, he said okay. Earlier last week, he told me that he didn't like bisquick and wanted from scratch pancakes and waffles and so I set out to find a pancake recipe, found one for buttermilk pancakes in my cookbook and made them. I don't know what happened but they were awful, they were thick, chewy, hard and just plain bad, the picture is of them in the trash because I threw them away. Oddly, enough my husband ate them, yuck! I feel bad that he did :( Anyway, I wasn't going to let one bad batch get me down so I went on the internet and found a different recipe. I can't speak for my husband, I'll update if he eats the new ones and let you know what he thought. Anyway, tried a different recipe, this recipe had tons of reviews from people who loved it. I used the last bit of buttermilk I had and mixed the other ingredients and I personally ate two of them, they were very good. Light and fluffy with just the right buttermilk flavor, oodles better than the other ones =)

Comments

Anna,
I found the best pancake recipe at allrecipes.com. It has strawberries in it and everytime I make them they come out delicious. If you want I can email you the recipe.
Momma said…
Wow, hehe, that is where I got this recipe from, I like allrecipes.com they are good, I welcome new recipes, send in on over, my email is annarjacks@yahoo.com, thanks!
Kelli Rae said…
I laughed out loud as I read this. Too funny that you took a pic of your pancakes in the trash. :)

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone