Homemade Blackberry Jam

So, Sprouts had blackberries on sale for like .97 and I couldn't pass up the chance to make my fave, blackberry jam. Observe;

Cheap berries :)

Wash and pick out leaves and not good berries

Heat up in sauce pan, mashing as they heat

When fruit begins to boil, add sugar  and pectin

Take fresh hot jars, fill to line, boil in water bath for 10 minutes and tah dah, blackberry jam!!

I've decided that since I enjoy making jam so much and now my family and extended family are enjoying it too, the next time I make it; I will use big jars and I need to invest in an official water bath canning pot. I'll be keeping my eyes open for one  :) Until next time ;)

Comments

Yuummmmmmmmm. My tongue approves of this recipe. :-D

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Boppy Pillow

My Toxic Life

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone