One Year!!!

So, I'm a little late on this post because our first anniversary was last weekend but I thought I'd post this anyway. We've now been married a year!! I'm sitting here at 12:30 am watching Little House on the Prairie thinking about how it gives me warm fuzzy's from my childhood. Then that randomly got me thinking to the movie Hook, remember when he can't become peter pan without his "happy place" as I was thinking about this happy place I realized my happy place is our wedding.

Our wedding is hands down the best day of my life thus far. I remember waking up the morning of with the most excited feeling! I remember the day couldn't get to the ceremony fast enough. I remember hanging out with all my girls getting our hair done then later hanging out in our room waiting for the guests to arrive and for five o'clock to come around. I remember having the biggest smile on my face and nothing could take it off, not even a black eyeliner pencil that fell down my perfectly white dress 5 minutes before I walked down the aisle. Then finally the momentous moment was almost here, the girls went ahead without me and I got 5 quiet minutes with my daddy...priceless. Then I got to the aisle, my arm around daddy's and I looked up and all I could see was Tim. I remember being overwhelmed with emotion. My dad asked for me to walk as slowly as possible so we could take in this moment, I tried, when everything in me wanted to rush up to the alter to be with Tim, honestly though it was a quite quick walk, finally I was there, daddy gave me away, I of course had difficulty getting up the stairs with my dress which made it humorous. :) After some very meaningful words from Scott, it was time for our vows, his were breath taking, mine I struggled to get through, I did cry a little, next were the rings, then communion, then prayer. After the prayer Tim whispered to me, I get to kiss you for the first time soon! Then finally we were pronounced man and wife and the kiss Tim had been waiting 30 years for and I had been waiting 15 months for came to be! I look back on this day, with every fondness. I wish I could have frozen this day in time because it seemed to fly by.
Well now, a year later, I'm still amazingly blessed by this man, I'm so grateful we have many many more years to get better at this thing called marriage. I'm so grateful to God for giving me this incredible gift. My deepest heart's desire is to always remember what a special blessing this man is to me.

Comments

Congratulations on your first anniversary! It just keeps getting better :) I pray God blesses you with many, many, more anniversaries to come!

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Boppy Pillow

My Toxic Life

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone