My Cloth Diaper Solution

Okay everybody, 
It's been a week of cloth diapering and though I'm getting the hang of it, I'm disgusted by the stains on the diapers of poop. I know it's clean but it looks so dirty from the stains.

Again I sought the advice of my SIL. She informed me that I should be washing the prefolds as well as the covers after every poopy diaper. UGH! I had not been doing that and was hoping I wouldn't have to do that until she started on solids in a few months. So I set out to do what she did to see if I could get my diapers clean. about two days in, I was thinking, if this is what it takes, maybe I don't want to do cloth diapering. I know what a baby huh? 

Anywho, I wasn't quite ready to give up so I went to google. All the blogs I read on google said that breastfed poops are water soluble and should come right out. Yeah right! None of my daughters poop stains came out in the wash, they simply stained. 

Finally, I came across a blog that said to use white vinegar and if my washing machine had a prewash cycle to do that. I thought, what could it hurt. So I tried it and it worked! I couldn't believe it, I don't have to rinse out every diaper yet, woo hoo! So, I now spritz the diapers with a white vinegar and water before I put them in the bucket to soak until wash day and if there are any stains that the white vinegar can't get, I will sun bleach them, couldn't believe that worked. That's all for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone