Maggie 17 Months

I know I know, I'm late. Maggie turned 17 months 6 days ago. I haven't had my normal PC and I've also just forgotten. Well without further ado here it is. Our baby girl is 17 months! Every day, week and month is exciting right now. She does new and adorable stuff all the time. Let's start with how she's progressing.

I began weaning her more than previously and she is ready. She's doing great! She nurses twice per day and eats solid foods better than she ever has. She loves mac and cheese, spaghetti, grilled cheese and her veggie faves. I'm so grateful that eating is not much of a fight anymore. She's drinking more water and milk as well. So great! At the beginning of the month I also completely night weaned her and God has been in this the whole time. She woke up once a night for the first three nights and now she sleeps through. Every night. If she does awaken she is content to just be held and no longer asks to nurse. This season is slightly challenging for me as mom because I adore our nursing relationship but we also would like to give her a sibling. So... something's got to give.

I hope someday to get some video of our little chatterbox. She's talks so much and all the time. Her face is irresistible when she points and says that and then she says please with the sign language. She also says amen after we pray. It is absolutely precious. She also says turtle and yellow with great annunciation. She can say apple, banana, broccoli, and pretty much anything else she just repeats that we say.

We have entered some new territory at least for this mommy. She is beginning to have a little defiance and a little small tantrums. I think she is starting the terrible twos a little early. Lord be with this momma and help me to treat our daughter with grace and a gentle spirit through these upcoming challenging months and years. Your prayers would also be appreciated.

Well I could continue to sing praises about our sweet girl. I could talk about her all night and day but I won't.  Enjoy some pics!

I got momma's sunglasses and now I'm just being cute.

Hi Mommy!

Sitting in my basket at Nana's house



Reading cards with Papa on Fathers Day.
Mmmm spaghetti

Hi World!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Boppy Pillow

My Toxic Life

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone