Perfectionism Must Die...Starting with this Apron :)

Well, this entry is two fold. Something you need to know about me before you read it, if you don't already know, is that I am a perfectionist. I'm not your typical perfectionist though. I'm only a perfectionist with myself. My performance in life that is.

Within the last couple years, I've gotten a small grasp on God's love and grace for me and my life. Well anyway, even though my head has knowledge of God's grace, my heart only remembers occasionally. Well, I feel like God spoke to me through this apron you are about to see. On a practical note, an apron is considered an easy sewing project and since I'm trying to learn basic sewing, I went out and bought material and a pattern this week. Funny however, I opened up the pattern and my head began to spin. So I called my mom for some instruction, unfortunately, without being able to see it she couldn't help me. I thought, well gosh, I won't get to see my mom for help for another week. So, I decided to go after it. After many youtube videos, I think I figured out how to read the pattern. What do you think? It looks like an apron right?

The Finished Product

Okay, anyway, I was in the middle of sewing this yesterday and I kept getting frustrated because it wasn't perfect. Well, I believe the Lord nudged me to finish it anyway. So what if it wasn't perfect. How could I expect to make this apron perfectly when I've barely learned how to sew. I was expecting way too much of myself. So I am proud to announce, the above, and I'm stealing this from you Nicole, is my perfectly imperfect apron. Is is perfectly straight, nope. But the way I figure, the only way to learn to sew better is to practice right? That and I learned a good lesson from Yaweh! Okay all, that is it, until next time.

Comments

Kelli Rae said…
Way to go friend!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone