Cream-O

Hey guys,
Not that I proclaim to be an uber healthy cook, I do like to think I try. I hadn't realized until recently that cream o soups like campbell have MSG in them. This is not the end of the world by any means but it made me think, I'll bet that isn't very hard to make. The first one I attempted was cream of chicken soup, the recipe was so easy and fast.


Add spices, milk and chicken broth, bring to boil

Whisk in flour, continue to stir

Incorporate flour until slightly thickened, allow to cool and you're done.
This was so simple, it had a much more rich chicken flavor than canned cream of chicken soup. You can also throw in little bits of chicken but I didn't do that this time.

I had recently come across this recipe on how to make cream of mushroom soup in a microwave in 5 minutes. I got the recipe here. It was indeed very simple, I did discover I'm not overly fond of the smell of raw fresh mushrooms but that is beside the point.


ingredients

Toss in food processor, pulse a few times to chop mushrooms

Put in microwave safe bowl

Microwave on high for 3 minutes, whisking after 2, then 30 seconds more each time until desired thickness

This was really easy, except the mushroom smell. I'll let you know when I use it in a recipe, for now it's in the freezer until I need it. Until next time  ;P.

Comments

thejacksgraze said…
I have thought of making cream-o chicken soup for some jalapeƱo chicken... did you find the recipe online? If so, would you send me the link? Since you tried one and liked it I'd rather use yours than just google it (=
Yes I want the link too!!! I would love to make my own cream soups.
Momma said…
http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_cream_chicken_soup

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Boppy Pillow

My Toxic Life

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone