My Adventures in Sewing

Oh boy, as some of you know, I am just getting into sewing. With my mom, some books and youtube I hope I am learning something. Anywho, when I was 19 my mom and I had planned to start sewing together. Well that didn't happen, however; I did realize after my last sewing project, that I still had the pattern and material and thought, the packaging says "it's so easy" surely I can do this....HAHAHAHAHA! First of all, I think if you don't know much about patterns such as myself, they might as well be in Greek because that is how I felt reading it. Anyway, after some very frustrating times and many phone calls to my mom, I finally finished it!




Things I learned with this project, well first sewing techniques I knew nothing about that was the root of many of my frustrations. 1. Gathering 2. Lining and 3. zippers.  Though, there may be a few of you who think this doesn't look bad, you should see it in person. At certain points I just stopped attempting to understand the pattern "winged" it and let me tell you it's noticeable. I also think I may hem it a little bit more, it is long but hopefully sometime length will be a good thing in a shirt. :) Anyway, after many discussions with women who are much better seamstresses then little ole' me I definitely had a project that was above me and that is why I got so frustrated. I did learn a lot though and as you'll see in a different post, I like to think I'm learning with ALL the mistakes I'm making. I just pray this shirt survives the washer and dryer  :) LOL. Gotta laugh at yourself some times. That's it for now.  ; p.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone