Meal Planning Frustrations



Hey Guys,

So, I don't know about the rest of you, but this is my nearly constant frustration. One word describes my pantry and fridge at the end of the month...empty.  Of all the months Tim and I have been married I can probably only count a handful of times that I have stayed in budget, I finally the past three months have made it in budget, yay! However, I make it but my fridge and pantry look like the above pictures. Very sad I'd say.

I'm not losing heart, I will defeat this frustration. I'm working on some ways to do that right now. So my goals for meal planning are:

1. Always have fruits and veggies stocked
2. Always have some sort of snack-ish food, preferably healthy homemade ones
3. In light of being postpartum, I still continue to have worlds biggest sweet tooth, so instead of completely restricting, which for me causes me to really rebel, I'm going to plan one sweet thing per week. It will be an exercise in self control because if I eat it all quickly that is all I get for the week, we'll see how that goes  :)
4. Have backup staples for meals on hand stocked.
5. Cook 1-2 meals that have leftovers once per week so my poor hubby has lunch for work.


So, these goals give me something to work toward, I'll update in a month and see how I'm doing, stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone