8 Months


Hi All,

Boy does time fly. I meant to write this last week and it just kept getting away from me, so here I am, writing it now. Sorry it's a little tardy.  So our little baby is 8 months. Last Saturday when I was bathing her and realized when she woke in the morning she'd be 8 months I began to cry. This past 8 months has gone by so quick! Time truly does fly the older you get.

Anywho, our baby. Let's see, last month she welcomed her first tooth. This month she got her second and is working on a third. This means she has some fussy days and sleeping at night is still very hit or miss. Sometimes I'm so tired I get frustrated being woke in the middle of the night multiple times. But as I sit nursing her I try to cherish every moment. Because it feels like just yesterday she was a helpless little infant and now she's trying to be more independent. I know there will be a day I even miss waking up to her crying in the middle of the night. This past month has been a break through month for her with eating. She's much more open to trying foods and we have found her faves are broccoli and tomatoes, for now.  

I had a couple uh oh, she can do that this month. My mom has always said whatever you think they can't do they can and boy was she right. I was distracted killing a spider and was half way to the garbage when I heard a thud, yup, our Mag's had rolled right off our bed onto the floor. And just last week, 3 days before her dedication she was standing with support by the coffee table and fell hitting her cheek on the corner. I never knew as a parent I could feel so bad for my baby getting hurt. She was wailing and my heart was breaking. But alas, I must grow up and give myself some grace because she will continue to hurt herself as long as her curiosity holds out, which I'm sure it will. 

Speaking of her curiosity, anything that mommy and daddy are doing she wants to too. Though she can't crawl she can roll and semi scoot to get to you if she's not close enough. Just this last week she has begun reaching for one of us, that touches my mommy's heart when she reaches for me. She also can stand pretty much on her own when holding onto something. She can also "cruise" along the coffee table. She continues to coo with the occasional scream. We love hearing her make new sounds. She's such a smiley baby and our hearts are full of love for her. I thank God daily for the blessing that she is. My heart is happy and sad at all the changes that are occurring weekly right now. It's hard to see her grow up so fast but also so rewarding. Being a parent truly is the most amazing, challenging and rewarding job ever.


7 month sweetie

Her dedication this past week

Fell asleep hiking

Liked hiking when she was awake

Always chewing, cutie pie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone