Homemade Ice Cream (without a ice cream maker)



Hi Guys,

So I love ice cream and call me crazy but I just knew there had to be a way to make it without an ice cream maker. Besides the fact that is it just me but are ice cream cartons shrinking and the price sky rocketing? So anyhow, I was on this website for another reason and came across this recipe. After looking in my fridge and realizing I had all the ingredients I thought I'd give it a whirl. Without further ado, homemade ice cream

Simple ingredients: vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk and heavy whipping cream.

Add vanilla to condensed milk and stir


Blend whipping cream until peaks form

Gently fold in whipping cream into milk/vanilla mixture

Cover and put in freezer safe bowl

Freeze! I did overnight.


So, I couldn't believe it worked! It didn't have any freezer burn on it and it's totally soft. It is pretty sweet so if/when I do this again I will decrease the amount of condensed milk. Overall I like it. Hubby doesn't like it said it taste like marshmallow, I disagree but any who, that's it for now, baby is awake and crying, until next time.  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Boppy Pillow

My Toxic Life

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone