Gardening: Triumph and Defeats

You probably can't see in this picture but this better boy plant is taking over my raised bed. Once all the tomatoes ripen I'm going to have to give them away we'll have so many!

So I've been wanting to blog about my garden for a long time and just haven't so I've decided the time is now. My garden is doing very well this year. My carrots, peas and spinach are over but boy were they yummy! I have left a zucchini plant that pumps out about 2 per week. I have three tomato plants, 4 pepper plants and a cucumber plant. The pictures below will express my triumphs and defeats in gardening. Enjoy!


Triumph: Yummy cherry tomatoes

Triumph err. defeat.. Beautiful cucumber plant that is not pollinating so I don't have any cucumbers. GRR.

Triumph: zucchini

Another one :)
Defeat: Due to some unfortunate watering mistakes, pretty sure my early girls are toast. They all have blossom end rot even after I picked all the bad ones off and started over....Too bad.

Triumph: Peppers

Triumph? Supposed to be bell pepper. Planted bell pepper seed and got chili peppers. I welcome any chili recipes :)

More peppers, triumph :)



First better boy tomato ripening.

There you have it folks. My garden is shaping up quite nice with the usual learning lessons along the way. I am excited for when we move(yes I said move 3 times in 3 years) and I'm going to be setting up a 4x8 bed 16 square feet of gardening goodness. Will be able to get my tomato plants out of 5 gallon buckets. Stay tuned, I'm canning peaches this week will blog about that too. Any one who still reads, thanks!

Comments

An RN is Born said…
Hi Anna! I love reading your posts. Great job on the garden, I am jealous of your beautiful produce! :)
Momma said…
Thanks Abigail. I love gardening!

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone