My Journey to Real Food

Hey! Look! A blog post when I said I would. It's a miracle! Ha!

My journey with real food started shortly before our daughters diagnosis. I was interested in it and very curious about monsanto and simply reading the back of boxes to see what the ingredients were. Once I started to learn what monsanto was and how deep they were in most major corporations and I began reading the ingredients, I was appalled at what I found.

Then our daughter was diagnosed with leukemia. In no uncertain way, my life was shattered. It took me a while to pick up the pieces and realize that though I didn't cause her cancer, I wasn't helping matters with all the processed foods we were eating. Thus spurred my desire to learn more and to do better now that I understood more.

My quest led me to traditional cooking school with Wardee. I learned a ton about soaking and sprouting. I'm not sure why but I glazed over when they would talk about anti-nutrients. Truthfully, in recent months that has been more my focus. In an effort to feed my family more healthfully, I was doing more wheat products and brown rice, believing I was being healthy and though I was doing my best I was actually doing more harm because of the phytic acid.

I won't lie, with the pregnancy, Maggie's month of GI upset and a new baby. It's all gone by the wayside. People are bringing us meals and I am blessed by this occurrence. I don't have the meal plan or the time or energy to resume this month so starting in July I will be armed with my meal plans and more complete plan for my real food journey. I hope to implement milk and water kefir and grass fed gelatin. While resuming things I had begun to change, sourdough, soaking and sprouting. Stay tuned, I hope to remain accountable to this blog and also to my real food desires. Goodnight for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone

Homemade Boppy Pillow