Chipotle Burgers with homemade buns and homemade fries

 The above picture is my unfortunately failed chipotle burger. Why failed? Many reasons, among them, I put too much dough in the buns and my husband called them very dense and like a brick...Not what you're looking for in a hamburger bun. I'll use less dough next time and we'll see if it makes a difference.

Looking at the glass half full, the recipe was really easy, I just didn't execute the result very well, oh well, I have to learn to laugh at myself because as much as my perfectionistic little self hates to admit it, I'm still a very new homemaker and I'm never going to be perfect...can you tell that is one of my weaknesses?  :) Anyway, I used a different recipe for homemade french fries and they didn't turn out well. Here are my thoughts, I know I made the buns too dense. I don't think the fries turned out very well because I was using the toaster oven. If I give this recipe another shot, I'll do it in the oven. I may not do this again simply because my hubby doesn't like fries. Anywho, I had high hopes for the chipotle peppers and adding some spice to the burger, not so much, more just made it hot, not particularly more flavorful. So to conclude, I doubt I'll do this recipe again. That's if for now, I'm planning on bbq chicken calzone Monday night, I'll let you know how that goes. Until next time.  ; p.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone