Officially Training for the Half

Hey Guys,

So, my 5K plan is over now and it's on to the half marathon training. I think the hubby will start training about 6 to 10 weeks before, well his beginner runner wife is going to do a 16 week plan. I've looked at many different ones and I've decided I want goals every week that are challenging but also ones I can achieve.

So yesterday was my first day, nothing to write home about, I jumped on the treadmill, covered up the numbers, told myself to run for 30 minutes and then look at the numbers. I looked at 32 minutes and 30 seconds and I had gone my 3 miles so that was pretty cool. I ran the bulk of the run between 5.6-5.8. Ran at 6.4 the last 5 minutes. So in case you didn't figure it out, this first week is to run 3 miles the first two days then run 3.1 the final day of the week. The 1/2 marathon articles I've read have strongly advised the runner to weigh themselves before and after the run to make sure they are restoring their water supply. I didn't do that yesterday but starting tomorrow I will, I want to give myself the best chance to achieve this! Hope you all are doing great! Until next time ; p.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone

Homemade Boppy Pillow