Tuesday Gentle Parenting Thoughts

I'm honestly really hopeful about blogging about this subject of gentle parenting. I hope that it will help keep me accountable to my personal goals in this area. As well as bring awareness to someone who comes to this blog via a google search looking for information about positive or gentle parenting.

My biggest resource this past week is Lori Petro with Teach Through Love. She has a youtube channel with tips and help on how to implement gentle parenting in every day life. It is really helpful.

This is her method for gentle parenting during conflict and something I'm really trying to implement better.



I continue to fail daily but I am trying and pray that one day it will be more natural to engage and empathize then it is to yell and threaten. I've read enough articles about the damage of yelling that I know I don't want my kids to experience it from me. I wasn't yelled at growing up so it saddens my heart that I choose yelling in my triggered moments. Lori addresses this very thing in one of her videos that it is so important for the parent to identify triggers and try to work through them themselves so they can prevent passing that trigger, which generally results in bad actions, from harming their kids. This is my mission right now, to implement that problem solving tool and to identify my triggers. I will try to include my triggers once I identify them and share what helps me when I find solutions. Woot for blogging two days in a row. Goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone