HPOW-Homemade Tostada Shells

So, due to inefficient planning, I went over budget this month on groceries, so the last week I've just been making due with what we have in an effort not to keep putting my grocery category in the negative.
I figured I'd have to skip my homemaking project of the week because I simply couldn't come up with anything that I already had ingredients for, until this afternoon that is.

So the hubby and I get home from church, both semi hungry, I'm scrounging around in the fridge trying to find some sort of lunch food and think, ahhh tostadas, they are fast and we have ingredients. Lo and behold, I check the cabinet and we're out of shells, ugh, I thought. Then I remembered I also keep corn tortillas in the freezer. So, then ran to my pc, googled how to make homemade tostadas and sure enough it called for simple ingredients like corn tortillas and olive oil, had both of those. The recipe said you could either bake them or fry them. Trying to be healthier I opted for baking. Baked them about 13 minutes and they were hard. Kind of chewy and crunchy mixed together. Can't say if this is because the tortillas are old, or because they came from the freezer, who knows, oh well, if I try this again as unhealthy as it is, I'll probably just fry them. Anyway, they didn't taste bad just chewy, and they helped me keep my grocery category from being more negative. Here are some pics. I'll have to try them again sometime. Until next time.  ; p.

Ingredients: corn tortillas and EVOO
Spray with EVOO spray
Place in oven at 350 degrees
When hard, remove from oven, enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Toxic Life

Homemade Boppy Pillow

Second Week, First Run and Spinach/Chicken Calzone